Observations from Rwanda

I will be in Rwanda this summer advocating for women's rights. In 1994, over 800,000 people were killed. Women were purposely infected with HIV through rape. Twelve years later, these women are still struggling to survive. My hope is to find ways to fill gaps in the current system, whether those gaps be legal, social, or economic.

Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a law student hoping to work in the field of international human rights upon graduation.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Pictures!




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, I just want you to know how proud I am of you. I think what you're going through is EXACTLY what you're supposed to be taking from this experience. Your new-found appreciation for and direct, emotional connection to what these people have gone through, is what the rest of the world is lacking. It's why no one cared when the genocide was going on--no one felt connected. Now you do and I know you'll take that emotion and channel it. It isn't what you can do for them in this three-week period, it's what you'll continue to do with your life that I'm certain will benefit Rowanda and the rest of the underrepresented world. I'm thinking of you...

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, wow, I haven't read your complete blog, but what I have read I can't even imagine what good deeds you are doing. My life seems so blah compared to what you are doing to change the world. Proud isn't even close to what I feel for you. I'm excited for your return so that you can rub it in my face what a great ambassador you are and your complete experience. God bless you and your team. My prayers are with you all.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home